Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Tomato-Herb Cannellini Dip


I saw a post on a recipe for hummus. I have made my own in the past, this one called for smoked paprika and yum! I had never thought of using smoked paprika in a bean dip. Anyhow I went to make some hummus and realized that I did not have any chick peas. What I did have was cannellini beans.


Dip:
1 can of cannellini beans drained & rinsed
2 tbsp tahini
1/4 of a zucchini
1/8 cup water (more or less)
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp salt
6 sun-dried tomatoes diced
3-4 slices of red pepper
1 sprig of fresh cilantro
1 sprig of fresh basil
1 sprig of fresh parsley

Directions:
Add the beans, tahini, zucchini, water, garlic powder, paprika, curry and salt to the blender and puree until smooth and creamy. You may need to add a little more water to facilitate the blending. Then add in the diced sun-dried tomatoes, red pepper and fresh herbs and pulse several times, leaving them a bit chunky. Serve with crispy flax crackers, tortilla chips or veggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment