Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Avocado Toast



This is one of my very favorite meals. It is really simple, not really a recipe, more of an assembly. I just had to post this because I absolutely love my toast this way. I try not to eat a lot of bread, but when I do, it's either homemade gluten free or from my favorite local bakery that makes gluten free breads. This particular bread bread is white in color, but it is actually made from whole grain millet flour, brown rice flour and water. That's it! I really want to know their secrets so I can bake my own! It is not soft like white bread, but it makes amazing crunchy toast. I usually keep a loaf in the freezer since I don't eat it often. It's perfect for grabbing a piece or two to toast when I want it.




The only secret to avocado toast is to put your favorite toppings on it! I love mine with tomato, red peppers if I have them, and sprouts. I usually have either alfalfa or broccoli sprouts on hand. I love to sprout my own. It's cheap and easy! You could also easily make this a sandwich. Anyway, here's what's on this toast!

Avocado Toast:
2 pieces of gluten free millet toast
1/2 avocado (1/4 spread on each slice)
2 large tomato slices
2 red pepper slices
sea salt
fresh cracked pepper to taste
sprinkle of garlic powder
handful of broccoli sprouts
fresh basil leaves

Directions:
Well this part is pretty much a no brainer! I toast my bread and spread 1/4 avocado per slice. Add the red pepper and tomato slices, salt, pepper & garlic powder on top of that, then add the sprouts & basil leaves on top. Next... savor :)


No comments:

Post a Comment