Thursday, May 9, 2013

Zesty Lemon Cilantro Ginger Blast

Today's juice, a bit similar to yesterdays with a few changes. I decided to make a "prettier" green juice. Yesterday's was delicious but sweeter, today's is slightly sweet, lemony and herby with a cilantro twist!






Before I had my juice I snacked on a few organic blueberries! I try to eat blueberries everyday. They are so antioxidant dense! Not to mention delicious alone or in recipes!



I also included some pics of upcoming food projects I have in the works! I am going to make my own version of kitchari, a very easily digestible Ayurveda recipe, that I believe originated in India. I soaked my mung beans overnight and am allowing them to sprout just a tiny bit before I cook them. I may or may not post a recipe, we'll see how it turns out! There are tons of recipes out there for kitchari, but I am twisting it up a bit for my own needs and ingredients on hand!



Also in the picture I have some broccoli sprouts in the works! I LOVE sprouts on my salads and sandwiches, even on my avocado toast.



Another thing in the works, here I have soaked my almonds overnight and they are ready to pop in the dehydrator. I will be making some more energy bars for my upcoming trip. I have a few new combination ideas I am going to try as well. So, another potential recipe coming soon!



I also had to take some pic's of my lunch today since I had the hugest organic basil leaves I've ever seen! It is beautiful, so you get another pic of one of my favorite meals, avocado toast! The toast today is a bakery, millet-zucchini bread and is delicious. I have 3 slices pictured here, I normally only eat two but two of these pieces were the small ends, equaling about 1 slice. I top them off with half of a mashed avocado, basil, sliced tomato, and red leaf lettuce with a sprinkle of garlic powder, sea salt & fresh ground black pepper. Yum!

I like to top off my avocado toast with sprouts or lettuce, or both! Having the lettuce on top makes it a bit easier to eat, kinda like a sandwich, sometimes! You know how slippery tomatoes can be! It was delish! Anyhow, back to today's juice recipe!

Zesty Lemon Cilantro Ginger Blast:
1 heart or 7-8 full leaves of romaine
1/2 cucumber
1 broccoli stalk and a couple florets (I like to save most of the florets for eating whole)
1/2 lemon with peel, washed well
1 apple skin on, washed well
1/2 chunk of ginger, scrubbed well skin on
1 sprig basil
1 sprig parsley
2-3 sprigs cilantro

Directions:
You know the drill! Wash ingredients well, only use organic, cut to fit into the chute of your juicer and stuff it in! Strain off foam if desired and slurp in your favorite glass container with a glass straw if you have one! I love mine! Now I am off to lay by the pool and get my vitamin D! Enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment