Thursday, May 2, 2013

GF Sweet & Spicy Pad Thai Noodle Bowl



Ever since I made my Sweet & Spicy Thai Coconut-Peanut Dressing I have been craving it even more! I have had it on salad a couple times and decided to make another batch. It just made me want Pad Thai even more! So for dinner tonight I decided I was going to make a quick simple version of Pad Thai. One of my favorite dishes that I love to drown in Sriracha sauce! So here it is!


Noodles:
half dollar size handful of brown rice noodles (or soba, kelp noodles, etc)
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 clove garlic minced
1 carrot shredded
1/4 cup shredded cabbage
2 tbsp Bragg's Liquid Aminos
1/2 tsp ground ginger or 1/4 knob of fresh, minced
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes +more for garnish
1 tsp sesame seeds +more for garnish
1 sprig of fresh basil
1/2 cup of Sweet & Spicy Thai Coconut-Peanut sauce (you will find the link to that recipe here)

Directions:
This is quick and easy! Cook your noodles as directed. While those are cooking prepare your veggies and add your sesame oil to a skillet and heat. Add in garlic and sauté till it starts to brown. If you are using fresh minced ginger, then brown it with the garlic a bit. Add in shredded carrots and cabbage and sauté until they are just barely softening. When noodles are done, drain and toss into the skillet. Add a splash of water as needed to keep them from sticking. Add in the soy sauce, ginger, red pepper flakes, sesame seeds and drizzle about a cup of the peanut sauce. Mix well and allow it to cook just until it's hot enough to serve. Garnish with a sprinkle of sesame seeds, red pepper flakes and torn basil. Add a little (or a lot) of sriracha and enjoy! This makes one large portion.

No comments:

Post a Comment