Friday, May 10, 2013

Home-Made Raw V-8 Juice & Synergy Kombucha Review



I've been wanting to make a homemade V-8 juice and today was the day! And all I can say is YUM! If you grew up loving V-8, then you will love this even more, as will your body! All fresh, and all raw! There are tons more nutrients in this juice than the traditional V-8!

Home-made Raw V-8 Juice:
2-3 medium tomatoes
3 carrots
3 stalks of celery
1-2 handfuls of baby spinach
1/4 large beet (or equivalent)
1 garlic clove
1 sprig basil
2-3 sprigs cilantro (or parsley)
Himalayan or sea salt to taste

Directions:
Wash veggies well, cut to fit into juicer and stuff away! I do not strain this juice, I like it kinda thick and pulpy like regular V-8. Also, I think it's great with a bit of salt in it. That is your choice on whether or not you'd like to add it! The normal recipe calls for parsley instead of cilantro, but I really love the cilantro. You can switch that up if you like!

On a side note, another new favorite drink of mine is Kombucha. I love it! It's sweet and tart, and has a mild fermented flavor, kinda like a wine cooler with out the alcohol. The black label Synergy does have alcohol but otherwise there are only small traces of it from the fermentation process. I could drink this stuff everyday! It is a bit pricey buying it all the time so it's more like a treat right now. I have watched some video's about making it and so I will have to try my hand at it when I return from my trip to Michigan. If you haven't tried it yet, I encourage you to! It is raw, organic and provides natural enzymes & pro-biotics! So good for you! I have yet to try a flavor by Synergy that I haven't liked! I've had Cosmic Cranberry, Gingerade, Guava Goddess and Mystic Mango that I can recall. All are delicious! They also have a version with chia! I haven't tried it yet but I intend to!




No comments:

Post a Comment